Combining academic knowledge and practical experience
The founding principle of Propus is the intrinsic motivation to improve situations of humans and environments in critical need. From the start of his career, Kenny Meesters combined his expertise in information management and crisis management in several studies. He shares his vision, ideas, and opinions frequently and he will continue to share this on this website. Kenny believes in life long learning, continuous improvements, and how information technology can be used to scale and reach a large number of humans.
Sharing knowledge to impact human lives and environments
- Meesters, K., & Van de Walle, B. (2013, May). Disaster in my backyard: A serious game introduction to disaster information management. In ISCRAM.
- Meesters, K., & Van de Walle, B. (2014). Serious gaming for user centered innovation and adoption of disaster response information systems. International Journal of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (IJISCRAM), 6(2), 1-15.
- van den Homberg, M., Meesters, K., & Van de Walle, B. (2014). Coordination and information management in the Haiyan response: Observations from the field. Procedia Engineering, 78, 49-51.
- Sebastian, A. G., Lendering, K. T., Kothuis, B. L. M., Brand, A. D., Jonkman, S. N., van Gelder, P. H. A. J. M., … & Meesters, K. J. M. G. (2017). Hurricane Harvey Report: A fact-finding effort in the direct aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in the Greater Houston Region.
- Comes, T., Meesters, K., & Torjesen, S. (2019). Making sense of crises: the implications of information asymmetries for resilience and social justice in disaster-ridden communities. Sustainable and Resilient Infrastructure, 4(3), 124-136.